Over recent years, Chem19 has had the pleasure of working with many young artists in helping them record their first demos. This has been made possible with the help of funding from Creative Scotland’s Youth Music Initiative Fund.
This year, our Demo Fund is being carried out in 2 rounds, each round funding 5 selected artists for 1 day’s pre-production and 3 days in the recording studio. We have already selected the 5 young artists to take part in Round 1 and are now rolling out the second round of funding to allow another 5 artists the chance to do the same.
Both rounds will culminate in a Demo Fund Showcase allowing all chosen bands to play at a Glasgow venue under the Chem19 banner.
This year we also introduce our ‘Release Starter Pack’ which helps the young artist take their recording and prepare it for commercial release by both digital and physical means, considering everything from artwork, promo through to distribution.
To apply for Round 2 of this year’s Demo Fund, please first check your eligbility (see below) and if able to apply, send the following information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Links to recent demo or live recordings if available
- Brief history of artist & info on plans for the future
N.B. Now closed for applications.
To be eligible for the Chem19 Demo Fund all artists must comply with the following conditions:
- All artists/band members aged 25 yrs or under
- Resident in Scotland
- Have never recorded in a professional recording studio more than once before
- Are not professionally managed
- Have never toured professionally (i.e. arranged by a booking agent)
- Have never played an international music showcase (e.g. South By South West, Austin TX)